For cross country runners, the only way is Essex!
The Race Organiser has set up a top race series in five Essex parks
The aspect of our multi-faceted sport that was hit hardest through the ongoing coronavirus pandemic was cross country running. The traditional grassroots discipline simply never got a foothold during the winter but The Race Organiser has come to the rescue for XC enthusiasts.
The London-based events team is stepping across the border into Essex for a five-race series of 10K races in five very different parkland locations. One thing that can be guaranteed is the safety-assured race organisation and brilliant race day experience that are hallmarks of The Race Organiser's 150+ annual events (in normal times).
As we emerge from Lockdown 03, with a turbo-charged vaccination programme, what better time to commit to a trail series to test your fitness over a familiar distance?
The races take place monthly between May and September. The series is exclusive to The Race Organiser and entries are limited to the first 300 at each venue.
The 2021 list of locations and the 2019 winners reads:
- 8 May – Hylands Park, Chelmsford – Luke Gill (37:25); Sarah Flanagan (40:44)
- 12 June – Belhus Woods Country Park – Luke Gill (37:54); Sarah Flanagan (41:02)
- 10 July – Thorndon Country Park – Sammo Nigh (38:25); Sarah Flanagan (43:21)
- 14 August – Hadleigh Country Park – Roman Burroughs (41:02); Sarah Flanagan (45:12)
- 11 September – Weald Country Park – R King (37:37); Kathryn Chapman (40:13)
Each race is currently priced at £16 for an individual entry that includes The Race Organiser's flexible refunds, transfers and deferrals policy and COVID-safe measures for as long as they are necessary.
For full race details, including route maps and full results from previous events visit the Essex Cross Country 10K Series website here
You can also view the Hylands Park race information and results at runABC South race listing here
Image: The Race Organiser