Race Organiser's Toolkit
Take a quick look at our key tips to make an effective event page. It's worth the effort - the page can attract 1,000s of visitors each year.
9 steps to a great event page
Find out if your event is already listed
- Check your list of assigned events.
- Search runABC's database of events to see if runABC or someone else has listed the race previously
- Claim a listed event assigned previously to someone else - we'll check and approve.
Update the existing listing
- It saves you the trouble of starting from scratch.
- We won't approve a new listing if event already exists on the listing.
Make just one listing for a multi-race event
- If your event has a 10k and a 5K - just list once calling it the London 10K & 5K
- You can identify more than one distance in the multi-race event dropdown and these will all appear in race searches.
Use the Duplicate function to make listing a race series simpler
Are you organising a series of events, for example summer mid-week races with lots of repeat details - time, location, distance, description etc? In that case use the duplicate option in 'My Races'. Simply click on the box for the event you want to duplicate. Use the COPY button at the top of your event details page and then update the copy with revised date or other modified information.
Use a good photo
Supply us with a strong image highlighting your event and give your page that extra oomph! A few guidelines - portrait shape is best (standard size is 960px x 540px).
Make your race a featured race
For a small fee you can put your event directly in front of thousands of targeted runners each month. Go to Boost My Race and find how you can get more entrants. Or you can offer runABC visitors a discount and we'll add you to our Money Off page and tell everyone about your race each week in our eNews.
Make your event big news
runABC has a team of dedicated regional news correspondents. Talk to us about promoted news feature packages which include great stories that will attract lots of runner interest and that the you can send to your other media contacts. Boosted social media support is included.
Sign up for runABC's best in class entry system
Let us take your entries and we'll provide you with an 'easy to use' system plus lots of promotional back-up via our website and social media. Get in touch and we'll be back quickly with full details.
Add a link to get a great social media boost for your event
Add runABC's link to your site and we'll respond with a social media blast about your event. Contact us and we'll send you a logo and a URL link. Use this prominently on your website, confirm with us and we'll post Facebook & Twitter messages.