Runderwear aims for frictionless virtual racing for all
Free training programme culminates in Easter Festival of Running
It's time to put those lockdown miles to the test. If you haven't signed up for a virtual race yet, Team Runderwear has the perfect package: an eight-week training programme by top coach and England Athletics Road Running Manager Tom Craggs, followed by your choice of race distance in the Runderwear Festival of Running on Easter weekend (2-4 April 2021).
Having signed up for the modest early bird fee of £10 (it's £12 from 1 March 2021) you simply choose to race 5K, 10K, or half marathon and then follow the relevant training plan (Beginner, Improver or Experienced) that is appropriate to your level.
The perfect time to join is this weekend (6-7 February) as you will then have exactly eight weeks to race day and time to put in the necessary sessions before tapering to go for one of the many generous prizes on offer or simply to set a good time for your chosen distance.
Poole-based Runderwear will provide six prizes of Runderwear vouchers valued at £60, £50, and £40 for the top three men and women in each of the three races. In addition, there will be 10 spot prizes of £25 vouchers per race that anyone could win. That's a total prize fund of £1,650 worth of chafe-free underwear, blister-free socks, easy-on supportive running bras, or moisture-wicking base layers.
The full Runderwear Festival of Running possibly offers great value for money and a most comprehensive virtual running experience includes:
- FREE comprehensive 8-week training plan, to match your experience, created by England Athletics Road Running Manager, Tom Craggs
- Runderwear ‘Festival of Running’ wooden medal made from sustainable Forest Stewardship Council certified plywood
- Runderwear designed ‘Festival of Running’ completion certificate
- Weekly content with expert advice and inspiration
- Live social interviews and discussion forums
- Team Runderwear ‘Race Leaders’ who will be training for the event with you, sharing their journey and encouraging yours!
Enter the Runderwear Festival of Running for a tenner here
Image: Runderwear Festival of Running on Facebook