|Date||Saturday 25th June, 2022|
|Start postcode||CV1 4LY|
Starting at 08:00 hours on Saturday, competitors have until 17:00 on Sunday to reach the Finish. The four checkpoints, located approximately 25 miles apart, have generous cut-off times in line with the, very achievable, 33 hour overall time limit.
Although organised and staffed by the same volunteers as other Canalrace C.I.C. events, this race is a special one-off for 2022 and a stand-alone event i.e not part of the Canalslam series. Entrants should note that checkpoint/feed-stations are further apart than in these other races.
The varied, easy-to-follow, course takes in rural, urban, and industrial areas. Competitors will enjoy an unusual view of “Spaghetti Junction”, descend the “Stairway to Heaven”, round the “Cape of Good Hope”, and pass no less than four “Boat Inns” during their endeavours.
As with the other events there are no entry qualifications, but a schedule to fit a 33 hour overall time limit is required.
- Easy route navigation – detailed maps and a canal to follow.
- Plenty of support – feed stations every 25M, buddies allowed from the 75M point.
- Transport for retirees – a lift to the nearest station for anyone having a bad day.
- Easy to meet cut-off times – simply in line with the generous overall time limits.
- No qualification – previous experience of just a marathon has proven enough.